XVI Utilisation Record Counts Preview
A new approach to facilitate pre-xvi extract preparation is now included in the XVI, X and XVOP screen by means of a Preview button.
This allows the date range selected for a batch to be displayed in an Excel file
Note only the date criteria of the batch are parameterised to the view, all Campuses and Feeders are shown in the spreadsheet irrespective of the “ticked” selection in the batch!!!
It is important that you try and keep the “spreadsheets” in the “spreadsheets” folder on the T: drive..
Note the filename default includes the date range and the batch number
Please be patient, it can take a little while especially if the system is busy.. minutes, not days but.
(this is not live data!! And includes a wide date range)
This is the equivalent query and is shown in the XVI form
SELECT Company_TLA, Campus_TLA, Feeder_Code, SYSTEM_TYPE, YR, MTH, Month, FiscalPeriod, DaysInMonth, Records Counted FROM iph_Util_Record_Counts_complex WHERE (FiscalPeriod >= 201305 AND FiscalPeriod <= 201308) OR FiscalPeriod IS NULL ORDER BY isnull(YR,9999), isnull(MTH,99), System_Type, Campus_TLA, Feeder_Code
What are we looking for?
- Well much as I hate to say it, we are looking for what is not there, a type of unknown unknowns, the ghost of missing data that only dogs can hear.
- In later versions, all Feeder Codes will list and those with MISSING data will have zero record counts as below
- Look for the Thirdparty data you know you want, EDIS, AUSLAB, STOCCA, ORMIS, TRENDCARE, OTHER, TPCH, OSIM, ASIM.
- Check the state of play for feeders especially for sites changing from one system to another (EDIS ORMIS are currently in flux at many sites in 12/13)
- (check the loaded folders, the AS400, filenames, emails etc. before tapping ...---... on your desk)
- Look for missing HBCIS data APP2, EMG2, WARD, UNIT, AHIIS and Deliveries if used
- In the Below sample we can see NO Stocca/Auslab in FEB (no files yet), and the deliveries are very low.. but in this case that is normal, and each of the three preceding months for comparison.
- The batch was never run.. the preview used a dummy batch over 4 months to see what we could see..
Record Counts of three types are displayed
Only these are meaningful:
- E, and O episode counts which will match the E and O counts in the XVOP
- Utilisation type record counts which will match the number of lines approximately in the XVI for that feeder (zero lines and any aggregation may change that)
- However some feeders like WARD and Unit, the count is of specific products e.g. Discharges in this case
- I Episode and PATDET detail has little relevance to this process but looks pretty important. (PAT Detail is missing in later versions)
- Do not confuse Fiscal Period 201301 for Calendar Year 2012 and Month 7
- Suggestion Box !!!One thing you can do is on entering the form, using an unused batch number set dates from three months in the past to the month you want to do, click preview, and in your spreadsheet you will see the current and prior three Months to compare data
Compare a good month with this month then and only then